Wednesday 7 October 2009

Changes are not always good.


I don't care if this is the second blog I've posted in about 3 hours.


So, as I mentioned earlier, I went on the DT forum for the first time in about 3 weeks. I thought it would be nice, but actually it's just made me feel like total s**t.


I found a thread. About the changes being made to Doctor who once Matt Smith takes over. I took a look. I knew there was going to be a new writer, assisstant and Doctor. That doesn't matter so much, I can handle that. Well, apart from the last bit.


Anyway. I read the thread from start to finish, a big lump developing in my throat. Basically, this is what I found:


'Too many changes, all at once. They're wiping Nine and Ten off of the face of the Earth. New Doctor, new companion, new sonic, new TARDIS, new logo, they even called it series 1. '.


Okay, you might be thinking wtf is the matter with you? Yeah, well. People who know me know that it is a VERY big deal to me.

I hadn't a CLUE they had changed that much. They're calling it series 1!?!? The TARDIS looks like utter plasticy rubbish, the new sonic screwdriver looks like a tampon and the new logo, well. Look for yourself. Google it. It's like the new updated series never happened. It's just gone back to the 70's. Tacky, cheesy and people will make fun of it. I will not let this happen. Well, I can't stop it, but I can moan about it. And if you think I'm joking about this matter, you're very wrong. Change is good, I know that. Things have to move on. But changing everything in one go so it looks like Doctor 9 and 10 never existed? Are you out of your mind Steven Moffatt? Go die in a hole :(. The BBC have dealt with this SO badly.


So, ladies and gents. I will declare this. I will give you one chance. I will watch the first episode of 'Series 1' as it will be called (urgh.) and decide. I will decide whether you have ruined one of the most successful shows in British history, which happens to be my favourite show. You will have one chance, Matt Smith and Steven Moffat, one chance. If I'm not impressed, I will never watch it again. Unless David Tennant is in it for some random reason.


... I can't handle it. :'(


Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. You. Are. Joking. Gawd, I cried when I heard David was retiring, I was so upset; and they think that they can make it so damn CHEESY on top of that?? I'm with you. They have one chance...

    ReplyDelete