Thursday 24 June 2010

Nine.



And no, I'm not going to do the person who you think I'll do.

Dear Mr. Marshall Mathers,

Even as I'm writing this I'm listening to your new album 'Recovery'. I got it on the day it came out at 10:30 am. Can I just say it's effing genius? Cinderella Man is epic. I also like Space Bound, So Bad, On Fire, Cold Wind Blows and Almost Famous.

Basically, I love the whole thing. It's your best album to date - well done, you deserve it after all you've been through in the last few years.

You don't know how much I'd love to see you in concert, or meet you. It would make my life. End of. We couldn't be more different if we tried. I'm a 16 year old girl living in West Sussex, England. You're a 37 year old male who grew up in 8 mile, Detroit. You probably weren't aiming to appeal to my sort of audience, but I couldn't help but fall in love with your songs. You are a lyrical genius. I remember first hearing your music in my best friends Ford KA in year 4, and I absolutely loved it. I requested it whenever I was getting a lift with her mum. Then I forgot about you for a while until I stumbled across one of your songs on youtube. I instantly remembered when and where I first heard it and who it was. Ever since, I have been a huge fan and I love how you don't take shit from anyone. You are truely unique. Oh, and nice beats and baselines.

Once, one of your songs made me cry. I've never cried at a song before. Who thought rap would bring someone to tears?!

All Hail the King of Rap!
Yours faithfully,

Lizzy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment