Monday 21 June 2010

Six.

Dear stranger,

We met only a few hours ago in BHS when you said you liked my skirt. You may be a stranger, but I love it when people randomly talk to other people because they're there. You looked like such a polite, caring elderly gentleman with respected morals, and I always wonder when I meet someone like you about the story of your life and your interests. I wonder whether you have grandchildren, I wonder what age you are and I wonder about the things that make life what it is for you. At the same, it made me feel sad. It is awful that nobody says 'hello' anymore to each other. It's often like people are scared to approach each other in case of being infected by a deadly disease. Everyone's so busy all the time, and never stop to talk to someone they don't know. You may have only said that one small thing, but you brightened my day, and I hope you continue to brighten other peoples days just for the sake of being nice.

Keep giving people hope,
Lizzy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment